Monday, September 30, 2013

Marathon- The full Monte!

    Well I did it!  I ran my 3rd marathon on Saturday and it was really fun.  I ran it with Melanie, Jake, Steve, and Katie!  We all did a good job!  Katie and I slept at my sister's house the night before and it was fun.  Laura made us a yummy spegetti dinner and we played cards till about 10 p.m.  Then katie and I tried to get some sleep.  (It took me a little while to fall asleep, I was excited.)  We woke up and headed to Huntsville!  We took the long bus ride up, and than had to wait an hour and a half before the race started.  It was freezing at first!  I had like three layers on and a blanket.  Than about ten minutes before the race I had to take it all off!  Brrrrr.  Than off we went!  I was doing really well the first 13 miles.  I was feeling fast and great.  Than mile 14 came....and my knee totally gave out!  It killed.  It hurt and I had a hard time continuing to run.  I had to walk a little bit.  I kept praying for just enough strength to finish.  I was blessed.  It started to feel a little better and I was able to run again.  At mile about 18 Steve passed me and he was very glad to be saying, see ya!  hahaha!  Than at mile 25 I saw Jesse on his bike!  It really helped to see him at this point.  I was so tired that it helped to have him cheer me on!  One mile left!  He said see ya at the finish line!  I ran as hard as I could!  Than I crossed that line and it felt amazing!  Nothing is better than having that metal put around your neck!  This was by far the hardest marathon I have run.  I got 3 hours 53 minutes.  It wasn't my fastest time, but I was still very happy with it.  I did my best and had a fun time.  Running this race reminded me that with the Lord all things are possible and we are able to do hard things!  And do them well!  I am grateful for my body and is able to run.  I had fun and learned a lot.
 This is before the race when it was freezing and we were all getting nervous!
 Almost time to start

 Every marathon I have done Steve has done with me!
    This is when Steve passed me at mile 18!  Go Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment